Sunday, March 29, 2020

If This Might Be Heaven

By :  Mercedes Teves Goñi   Poet 

To all I loved and to those I could have loved some
More,
Farewell. I go to a place much written off, but never seen before.
If you can’t see me for the last time now, -don’t fret-I’ll understand somehow
If you never told me you loved me then,
Tell me, I’m still listening now.

The music here is endless, so poignant it leaves me breathless
Iridescence I always loved surrounds me everywhere,
Joyous laughter, happy tears here and there.
I need not wear my slippers anymore
Lilies-of-the valley carpet all the fields I explore.
Fireflies I used to look for when darkness would fall
Now come dancing all around me at my every beck and call.

And with each early evening’s shade of blue that I always loved so
I’ll be kissing all of you,
So you need not miss me so.


If this might be heaven, don’t hinder me anymore
Willingly, I go towards HIS dome
Because it looks like a place I can happily call Home. 

                                CAB Chapel Tanjay City Photographer Kenzo G. Laxina 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lists of Popular People in Literature, Journalism, and Historiography in Dumaguete City /Negros Oriental

César Ruìz Aquino , poet, fictionist, SEAWriter awardee, and four-time Carlos Palanca Memorial Award winner Adlai Amor , journalist and Poet...