Monday, January 25, 2021

"REGRETS"

 

By : Gerard Jude C. Bumanglag ,MD  2008

 

If only I could turn back the hands of time,

I would've hindered the blunders of the past,

Avoided the incessant aftermath of guilt

If it were possible to mend heartbreaks,

Stop tragedies from taking place,

 

Settle some unfinished business from before,

Given that very power,

I would've used it without any hesitation,

But who am I to manipulate the course of nature?

 

We all have our shortcomings,

We all have deep-seated flaws,

We all can learn from our mistakes.

 

Crumbled debris of bad experiences

Are he building blocks of my temple,

Thus I try to construct a much more solid structure

 

 

Even when it's already late for forgiveness,

Know that fate or destiny can be both unforgiving, too

So if you've done wrong, just make it right next time

 

Regrets,

Though its minions keep on gnawing at my conscience,

But they remind me that I am indeed only human.

 


Tanjayanon Dr. Gerard Jude C. Bumanglag ,MD.He grow up in Tanjay  City Negros Oriental . He is an Art Collector, Poet, Philatelist,Civic leader,Past President of Tanjay Rotary Club,Chapter Commander of Knights of Rizal  Tanjay Chapter and Heritage & Cultural  Advocate 

                             Modern Jose Rizal 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lists of Popular People in Literature, Journalism, and Historiography in Dumaguete City /Negros Oriental

César Ruìz Aquino , poet, fictionist, SEAWriter awardee, and four-time Carlos Palanca Memorial Award winner Adlai Amor , journalist and Poet...